PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Safeguard seat? Any opinions?

smilequeen
08-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Simon outgrew the RA by height RF and the bigger seats don't fit well in DH's car RF so he's FF in there (as of 21 months and 28 lbs). We aren't in an immediate need of a new seat or anything, but we know we need a bigger one and we're going to TTC in a few weeks so the RA will get passed down.

DH has a Mercedes CLS, it's a pretty cramped backseat. We do have side curtain air bags. So, I'm debating whether he really needs the SIP of another Boulevard. We're looking at the Decathalon, the Radian, and this one. DH really wants a Recaro, but I saw that the top slots are the same as the RA and it won't last long enough harnessed. He liked the look of the Safeguard seat at the baby store, but I'm wondering if it's really worth that price?

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-01-2006, 05:15 PM
those who have it say it is... and I would agree.

the install is super easy... it has Epp foam, which is superior to EPS foam.

and it has the SIP protection the Boulevard does, along with the ease of height adjustment.

it is a great seat with the tallest top slots of any 65lb limit seat (almost equal to that of the Regent)

so for a skinny kid, this is the best seat.

Kat

kphil
09-01-2006, 05:39 PM
typing one-handed, but I wrote a review here from seeing it in a store recently. The main thing I was disappointed with was tthe short seat depth. It didn't have good thigh support like the regent--only came partway down my short 4yo's, upper leg.

Kirsten