PDA

View Full Version : Boulevard buckles coming undone while driving

kphil
09-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm wondering if we're the only ones with this issue. My 4yo is in a BV. We've had a number of incidents of her suddenly calling out in a panic that one of her buckles is undone while we are driving. Since the first two times it happened, we've been really careful about checking the buckle to make sure it's truly buckled. It never gives a good, strong positive click after the second buckle, kwim? Even with our vigilance, it still happens occasionally, which is downright scary. It takes a lot of tugging on it to make sure it's really buckled--it's frequently happened that I tug, it feels like it's secure, then I'll do some extra tugs, and suddenly it will come out.

It just happened tonight--fortunately my dh was driving this time, and we were at a stop light, so I was able to quickly do her up again. She's very good about calling out immediately if it happens. That means we were driving around for awhile with it totally not secure before it actually popped out though, which is incredibly scary.

Anyone else? If we're the only ones, I wonder what we should be doing differently. If we're *not* the only ones, this seems like a potential recall issue, IMO--I think it's pretty serious for a seat to seem to be buckled when it's not.

Joolsplus2
09-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Um...major big wrong bad terrible, that is. Call them tomorrow and complain loudly and get a new buckle. 1-888-4BRITAX (soak it in plain tepid water for some time, as per the manual's instructions, to make sure it's not some bit of random gunk in there, because that's what they'll tell you to do, and you want to be one step ahead of them when you call).

:(
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kphil
09-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Really good idea on soaking it ahead of time, Julie. I'll do that. Have to go check the manual to remember how to go about doing that.