PDA

View Full Version : Boulevard RF in Acura MDX Center install -- where to Tether?

hillview
09-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi all,
I got a great install of the boulevard in the middle row in the center. I'd like to tether it but could only do so with the tether off to the left or right side behind the passanger or driver side seat(there's a console in the middle with nothing to tether to) hope this is making some sense. Is it safe to tether to a side? Should I go Australian? No tether?
TIA!
/hillary

jeanum
09-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Definitely tether. Not a tech, but it should be fine to tether your rear facing Boulevard to the back of the inner seat rail/track on either of the front seats. That's how I tethered a rear facing Boulevard installed in the second row center in my Sienna. You can probably find a place on the back of either front seat rail closest to the center of your car to loop around the shorter tether strap with the metal D-ring. Then clip the tether to the D-ring, tighten up the tether strap, and voila. :)

Hope this helps.

smilequeen
09-05-2006, 01:35 PM
There was a bar running across under the backseat that I used to tether. One of the techs here reccommended that to me, but hopefully one will let you know if that's still considered OK. I don't have an MDX anymore.