PDA

View Full Version : Decathlon in Black Onyx - too hot?

samiam
09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone have the Decathlon in Black Onyx? I live in the Northeast and am wondering if it would be too hot in the summer. All of the fabrics are pretty ugly but my 3 year old ds really, really wants the black. What do you think?

o_mom
09-06-2006, 02:45 PM
The Onyx gray fabrics on some seats have a plasticky feel, almost like a vinyl. I'm not sure if the Decathlon is one or not, but just an FYI.

samiam
09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I was worried about that from the photos, so you're probably right. Thanks a million. I can't find the Decathlon in stock anywhere locally so will probably have to mail order it. You've saved me a bundle on return shipping.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-06-2006, 10:50 PM
the smooth center (grey plaid) are of the onyx feels like the waterproof outer side of jogging pants.

we have an onyx Regent and love it.

christiab
09-07-2006, 05:54 PM
The color of the carseat doesn't make a huge difference. The ambient temperature in the car is what determines if the car seat is hot.

I have an onyx Regent in AZ. It gets up to 118 degs here in the summer. I usually put an icepack over the seat and buckle, so it is freezing cold for DS. He always reminds me to get his "Colds" out of the freezer before we leave the house.