PDA

View Full Version : Help! Advice needed! Need new seats!

asmith130
09-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I have a 29mo daughter - 29lbs, 36 inches. Currently forward facing.
I have a 15mo daughter - 25lbs, 29 inches. Currently rear facing.
A baby on the way. DD1 will be 33 months old and DD2 will be 19 months old.

I have a smallish SUV (volvo) and Triumph Deluxe convertible carseats. I am concerned that 3 car seats will not fit in the backseat (2 triumph deluxe and 1 infant carrier). I am undecided about dd2 remaining rear facing.

What would you buy that is slightly smaller and ultra safe, no budget.

Thanks!!
Amy

skipspin
09-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Well, no budget, but still not going WILD, I would get a Radian (if you have LATCH and it installs well) or a Graco Cargo for the oldest. Then, to keep the 19 month old RFing, probably a Britax Marathon, Decathalon, or Boulevard. If you do decide to turn her forward-faing (I wouldn't advise)I would get her a Radian or Graco Cargo as well. For the baby the Graco and Babytrend infant seats tend to be the narrowest.

I don't have Volvo experience, so maybe someone will be able to help with that aspect.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I would get the Radian for the older ones.

when the baby gets out of the infant seat, I'd get another one.

No one faint... I know I don't like this seat much cause of who makes it, but the volvos are a small backseat and the Radian is narrow enough I think 3 would fit.

I've seen Uccomama's page enough to know that 3 Britax (or FPSVD) seats aren't going to fit)

Kat

asmith130
09-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Is the Regent better than the Radian? On Britax's website it says it is 14" wide. I could get a Regent for the oldest to start with, keep DD2 RF...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

mommyto4
09-09-2006, 03:48 PM
The Regent is very big. It turns most three seater bench seats into two seaters. So, a five passenger car becomes a four passenger car when it has a Regent installed in it. It is also a FF only seat. It is great if you have room for it though. We have two of them and love them. HTH.

skipspin
09-10-2006, 08:19 AM
If the backseat is really that narrow I would order one Radian and get your infant seat. Then, go to BabiesRUs and see if a Marathin will fit with those two. (Try all different arrangements, sometimes you can get a few more inches just depending on how the seats mesh together.) If it fits, then that's a great arrangement, and you could get another Radian or Cargo when the baby ourgrows the infant seat, and move the baby into the Britax. If it doesn't, then you can get another Radian to go RFing for the 15 month old.

I really like my Radian.
And there is no way you will be able to get a husky with three in the back seat.

HTH
~Joy