PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on carseat for Grandma's car

jackandlukesmom
09-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi Everyone,
I have been researching carseats for my 1 year old (as of yesterday! for Grandma's car. :) ) He won't be in it often (about 2 times a week). He is a big guy. 30 lbs and around 33 inches. Safety is my #1 priority. He is in RA's in both my husband's car and mine. (My other son is in Huskey's).:-) What would you recommend? I saw the scenerea is high on everyones list but was concerned over him growing out of it too fast.

Could anyone also recommend a 2nd seat for older son? He will be 4 soon and is 39lbs 42 in.
Thanks much in advance!

vickimaggie
09-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I just bought my DD a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe for her Nana's car. They cost $170-$180 depending on where you buy them. It is much taller than the Roundabout or Scenera and has a higher weight limit (55lbs) which would be important since he's a big guy. Its a stripped down version of the Marathon. It installed very easily and securely in both my car and my Mom's, seems very comfy for Aly, the harness adjuster was nice and smooth. I really have nothing bad to say about it so far.

They sell them at BRU if you want to go check one out in person, that is where I got mine. I don't have any ideas for your 4 year old because my only child is 2 so I'm not sure what is best for a kid that size and age as I haven't gotten that far yet.

Vicki

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
I would give grandma a roundabout and get yourself a Marathon or Boulevard... that baby's gonna be big and I'd worry about him outgrowing the RA at 2&1/2.
for your older son, I'd get the Radian... if it will fit... because the top slots are taller... or the Recaro Young Sport... which becomes the MOST awesome booster.

Kat