PDA

View Full Version : Crap! Just discovered a dent on the base of our MA

punkrockmama
09-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Dh was out putting in the infant seat for #2 and brought the MA in so I could clean it and put the new cover on.

While wiping it down just now I noticed there is a small dent on the base bottom in the front. The left side is slightly dented in, like it got put down too hard and caught the corner. You can see a very small part of the plastic underneat the bottom. Hope I'm explaining it enough that you guys can tell what I'm talking about.

Can we still use it? Or do we have to chuck it? I have no idea when it happened or how.

Joolsplus2
09-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Oh, it's fine. Most people get large splits in the base, and Britax still says it's fine. Just in case, though call Britax 1-888-4BRITAX and ask them if it's ok (and no need to throw it out, they replace new seats, repair seats over a year for a low cost).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

punkrockmama
09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
>Oh, it's fine. Most people get large splits in the base, and
>Britax still says it's fine.

REally? And that's safe? Hmm, well thanks for the reply, I was sweatin' there for a minute thinking I might have to buy another new seat. Especially since I just got a new cover for it (one of the college ones).

I will call Britax too.

Thanks!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-12-2006, 08:23 AM
I agree about calling britax, though it surprises me that such large splits would be okay... though I don't think a small dent is dangerous.

Joolsplus2
09-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Yeah, that's why you see so many MA's on Ebay with the cracked bases... Britax has told people for years they are ok (yeah, kinda shocking... maybe when someone sues them for vehicle seat damage they'll stop...but since the structure of the seat is still just fine, where the belts go through it, where the child sits...I guess they just see it as cosmetic damage).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-13-2006, 10:54 AM
I'd just be worried about performance.