PDA

View Full Version : Is the Regent the right seat for DD? Also, $221 shipped a good deal?

swan01
09-13-2006, 07:27 AM
DD just turned 2 and DS is 3 weeks old. Although I know this is REALLY early to start looking, I am assuming that once DS outgrows his SnugRide, he will use DD's Marathon and Roundabout seats. So, we will need new seats for DD in 6-8 months (DD outgrew the infant seat at around 6 months). From researching the posts on this board, it sounds like people would recommend the Regent or Apex for DD (she is about 31 lbs). Any other suggestions? We have a primary family vehicle (Honda Pilot), so I don't mind spending more for 1 seat and then getting a cheaper 2nd seat for our other car (Toyota Tacoma double cab - the back seat is pretty small! The Roundabout fits well, but barely).

Target.com has the Regent for $221 shipped right now (on sale for $222 + tax and shipping - 10% off coupon). Ebates and Upromise also offer 4-5% back. Is this a good deal? Good enough that I should get it 6+ months before needing it?

Thanks!

kijip
09-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I actually think that she is going to be more comfortable staying in her MA as opposed to moving to the Regent at age 2. I would be inclined the get the baby his own MA when the time comes. I know my 3 year old still falls asleep in the car a lot and the Regent is not going to be as comfortable as that. She can get up to 2-4 more years out of the MA, it would expire before your son outgrew it anyways (assuming it is 18 months- 2 years old now).

For the second seat for her (assuming that the RA goes to DS), I would look at the Apex if your truck has high headrests or at a Graco ultra Cargo type seat.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-13-2006, 11:08 AM
I would give the baby the Roundabout...
I'd keep your dd in her Marathon.

I'd get a second Marathon for the baby for his primary seat.

then, I'd get the fisher Price safe voyage deluxe for her spare seat.

when she outgrows the Marathon and Fisher Price seat, the Marathon will probably be expired and the baby will have outgrown the roundabout and she'll be ready for boosters.

Kat