PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Seat for Rav4

coachkath
09-13-2006, 08:05 AM
My daughter is very ready to switch out of her infant seat to a convertible seat. I thought I was all set with the Britax Marathon that my SIL gave me, but when my DH went to install it, he said it barely fits. I can't put it in the back-middle, and the front passenger seat needs to be far forward for it to be in the window seat. So, I'm thinking that he should take the Britax for his truck and I should buy a new one. But, all the convertible seats seem large. Kelly is only 8 1/2 months and cleary won't last in the infant seat till Dec. Any suggestions/experience with conv. seats and small cars?
Thanks.
Kelly's mom

o_mom
09-13-2006, 08:18 AM
That should fit - I know someone that has a MA RF in a RAV4. It can be more upright and the MA can touch the front seat. Do you have it tethered rear-facing? Have your DH install it without worrying about the angle. Just push on the front of the MA while tightening the LATCH (or seat belt). Then attach the tether, move the front seat to where you want it and tighten the tether until the Marathon is just touching the front seat. As long as it is reclined a little bit (say 30 deg), you are OK at 8 mos. It is the infants that need a 45 deg recline, it can me more upright at her age and after a year it can be as upright as you want.