PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe vs. Graco SafeSeat 2

Valerie99
09-16-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm wanting to buy a carseat for my nephew to help out my sister. They only have one seat, the Scenera, which they switch between their 2 cars. They are wanting a second seat, but can't afford it right now. My nephew is 16 months and small, somewhere around 10th percentile for weight but 50th percentile for height, so he would fit in either seat for a long while. He could technically be rearfacing still, but they are wanting to keep him forward-facing regardless, since he is over 1 yr and 20 lbs and hates rear-facing. Is the FP seat better than the Graco? The Graco looks more comfy, but is it outgrown faster than the FP seat? He'd definitely outgrow either by height before he ever reached even 40 lbs, so I'm not too worried about the weight limit. How much taller is the FP than the Graco? I want to make a good choice for a seat that will last them the longest, but still be comfortable. Thanks!

Joolsplus2
09-16-2006, 03:04 PM
They are both 'about' 17 inches tall, I don't think it'll make much difference for a skinny kid (about age 5 and 40 pounds, usually). Are they planning another baby? The FP might be more useful in the long run (after you convince them that RF is best, maybe the second kiddo will get the benefit, lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-16-2006, 10:05 PM
in that case, the top slots are equal height, so I'd go graco.