PDA

View Full Version : Index for Carseat Safety 101?

tjham
09-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Could we get an index for the Carseat Safety 101 sticky? Maybe in the first post of the thread, so people can see if their question is addressed without having to scroll all the way through it?

jeanum
09-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Maybe try switching your view of the board to "view in threaded mode" because then you would see the heading for each post in a thread as a link to the post. I normally view the board this way, and it's the equivalent of viewing an index for the 101 thread. HTH. :)

tjham
09-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I did that and it worked but would most new people looking for answers know to do that?

jeanum
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
True. I can't remember what the default viewing mode is for the board. Indexing the 101 post would result in making a kind of redundant "index of an index" for people who do view the board in threaded mode. Maybe the OP who began the 101 thread could include a suggestion to view it in threaded mode rather than repeating all of the topic headers to build an index?

tjham
09-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Yes! That would do it!

Splash, it would be great if you could edit your first sentence in Carseat Safety 101 to tell people to change it to threaded view to see all the topics. I know my page never went to threaded view automatically. I didn't even know what it was until now!