PDA

View Full Version : FF Tether Question

vickimaggie
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm babysitting my friends kids tomorrow so I'm installing some carseats FF in our Expedition. I've never installed anything ff before as my DD is RF.

I installed a Boulevard FF in the 3rd row outboard. The only tether anchor in the 3rd row is in the middle. Can I anchor an outboard seat to a middle seat anchor, or should I just not anchor that seat at all? I can't install the seat in the middle because I have another kid that needs to sit in the other outboard position back there. I read the owners manual but it wasn't clear. Thanks!

Vicki

Joolsplus2
09-19-2006, 07:37 PM
You aren't supposed to reach over to the other top tether anchor like that, in most cases... I'm not sure that I wouldn't do it, personally (your choice..'tough parental decision' for you to make). In any case, use the shoulderbelt lockoff on the side of the BV, that acts somewhat like a top tether (check the manual if you have to, but the shoulderbelt runs through the lockoff naturally, so it should be fairly obvious).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

vickimaggie
09-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks Julie! I don't think I'll use it then, its not my kid so I think I'll stick with whatever I should technically do.

You know what's sad, when she asked me to babysit and said I'd have to do some drop offs/pick ups my first thought was....."oh I can play with my spare carseats!" LOL what a pathetic life I lead;)

Off to lock that lock off! Thanks again.

Vicki

ShanaMama
09-20-2006, 12:39 AM
"my first thought was....."oh I can play with my spare carseats!" LOL what a pathetic life I lea"

Thanks for a good laugh! I sometimes look at myself & wonder how I turned into this neurotic mother who researches everything to death & wants to proclaim eveything I learned from the rooftops!!

Hope your day went well.

Joolsplus2
09-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Heck, some of my best friends are that because we have more fun than anything playing with carseats... woo hoo...big trip to bru!!!

:D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx