PDA

View Full Version : Radian and Ford Expedition

tjham
09-19-2006, 05:35 PM
I just checked the compatibility database and it doesn't seem to be on there. I'd like info on how well if fits, specifically FF (with Latch and also with seatbelt) but it would be nice to know about RF also. I love the Marathon but it sits up so high! Wish they had something between the Regent and the MA, with a lower base, or made the MA base removable (there's a thought!).

Joolsplus2
09-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh... maybe I should take my Radian down to my neighbor's and try it out, huh? Darn if no one beats me to that (and reports it to Toby's database, lol).
I'm going to guess it'll do fairly well... nice big flat seats, and the RN does pretty well with LATCH in most cars (that I'm hearing...). I still haven't even tried to install mine in my Ody, but it's great in the Escape rearfacing with LATCH (really, I oughta send that info to the database...soooo lazy....)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kellyotn
09-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it, but I did see it didn't do well with a seat belt FF in a Ford pickup (the kind with a full backseat). I was considering one for our F-350. I'm not sure if an Expedition's seats compare? The pickup's seats are VERY non-contoured, basically smooth surfaces. But, the seat bottom has a sharp angle to the seat back. (ie, the bight of the seat is lower than the front/where your knees bend over).

My daughter now uses another MA in the F-350, and boy it is high in that truck (used to use a FPSE and a Scenera). She loves it though, she likes seeing everything. But, it is weird looking back there and having her so high!

tjham
02-16-2007, 02:08 PM
bump

Joolsplus2
02-16-2007, 04:06 PM
LOL, I still haven't tried it in my friend's car? :D
The more we see of this seat, the more I'm thinking it should do fine in an Expedition, but I hope someone knows for sure.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tjham
02-27-2007, 12:15 AM
>I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it, but I did
>see it didn't do well with a seat belt FF in a Ford pickup
>(the kind with a full backseat). I was considering one for our
>F-350. I'm not sure if an Expedition's seats compare? The
>pickup's seats are VERY non-contoured, basically smooth
>surfaces. But, the seat bottom has a sharp angle to the seat
>back. (ie, the bight of the seat is lower than the front/where
>your knees bend over).
>
>My daughter now uses another MA in the F-350, and boy it is
>high in that truck (used to use a FPSE and a Scenera). She
>loves it though, she likes seeing everything. But, it is weird
>looking back there and having her so high!

So now my plan has changed and I may want to put it in a Ford truck! It's a F~250 with lapbelt only (so a booster would not do) in the center. So you think it would not install well?

tjham
04-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I got one and just installed it with lap/shoulder belt outboard in the back seat of my 2005 Expedition. I put it in the reclined FF position (THAT was fun figuring out - not...LOL) The tether is different but worked easily. I really like this seat! (Which is a good thing as one of my cats put claw marks on the seat part while it was sitting in the house! I specifically bought it from Target and paid full price so I could take it back in case and this is what I get. *sigh*)

I can't wait to try my granddaughter in it. I tried her inside, but not with it installed. She is 38 lbs so I put the Safestop on. She may be 38 lbs for a long time as she was 37 lbs forever, it seems!

But my ultimate goal for this seat is the F250 truck. After I get it all figured out, I'll move it (dang, I hope it fits! *fingers crossed*) and teach my son to use it!