PDA

View Full Version : MA or Regent?

JFC
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry to ask the question, but the more I read the more unsure of which to buy.

DS is 3 years old, 36lbs, and about 37' inches. He is in a RA now (which we both love) and although he could hang out in it awhile longer I think I want to go ahead and get him a bigger seat (the sale at Great Beginnings in begging me to buy a new seat! ;-).

All that said, I'm totally torn - I'm leaning to the MA, thinking that it would give us a few years and then we could move into a Regent or similar-type seat then. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

hipmaman
09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
If you want a more recline seat and with side support, similar to your current RA, then the MA would be a better choice for a 3 yrs old.

BUT, the Regent, although is more upright and less side support, is also a great seat for a child of your son's age and size.

I went from the RA to the WZ in one car for ds when he was about 2 yrs old, then a Husky (Regent's predecessor) in a different vehicle when he was a little over 3 yrs old. He was tall but skinny though (in weight - was about 25-26 lbs at the time) so often I found him slouching in the Husky with only the one slot for the buckle. But it was not anything unsafe or uncomfortable.

Another consideration is if you travel by air often or having to switch carseat in different cars regularly, then you would want the MA instead of the huge Regent which cannot be used on board an aircraft.