PDA

View Full Version : Another post on the Decathlon crotch strap

seeks1
09-23-2006, 09:31 PM
DS seems to be very sensitive in this diaper area. I have never had an issue with my Key Fit but I wonder if I should get the Decathlon to get that extra space.

How ofter do little boys complain about the marathon or blvd?? This is such a hard decision. I just don't know what seat to get.

I have a Volvo XC70 which I am pretty sure has side curtain airbags so I don't know if I need the Blvd. Should I go for the DC or just get a Marathon?

AdoptChina
09-23-2006, 10:11 PM
My 3 yr old (pretty average sized) sits in the MA. Once and a while he complains if his heiney isn't scooted back all the way in the seat, but most of the time he is ok. I think we are going with a DC for the baby just to have the little extra room

Aunt to sweet baby boy
09-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Avi uses a MA in his mother's car and a DC in my car. I honestly do not notice a big difference. I did notice a very small difference between the two but not enough that i would get the DC over the MA.

I also feel that in his mothers car i get a better installation with the MA over the DC so he uses that seat about 95% of the time in her car.

JMHO

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/060826/Fsm6.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/alzym7/.png[/img][/url]

new_mommy25
09-24-2006, 11:58 PM
DS just turned three and has never complained about the crotch strap. He's a vocal guy and would defenitely tell me if he didn't like it. He did tell me once that he didn't like the wings on the Boulevard (I had him in his sisters seat when I had to clean his Marathon) but never mentioned that again.

I think you would be happy with either one. I honestly would go with whatever seat I could get the best deal on.

seeks1
09-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I missed the Britax sale last week. Should have made up my mind but we had a rough week that included Dr and ER visits. So now I am just going to have to deal. DS is just over 18lbs and 5 months so I have 4 more Lbs before needing the seat. It could take 2 or 4 months to get there. So I don't need the seat right now.

I can get the DC in Hampton on sale for about $225 now or I can wait and pay full price for a DC or Blvd when I need it. How many extra months do you think I will get with the manufacture date on the seat by waiting. Do you think it will be worth saving $75? I am thinking the Hampton could already be several months old.

Why can't this be easy????

callmeflan
09-26-2006, 01:19 PM
My almost 5 year old is complaining about his MA crotch strap. I think its when he wears stiff jeans though.