PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph question

LucyG
09-25-2006, 01:39 PM
My DD is 3.5 and is 35" tall. She has five more inches to go before she outgrows the Evenflo Triumph that is her secondary seat. She's in a MA most of the time. Is it OK if her head is above the shell, as long as the strap slots are at or above her shoulders? Just thinking ahead, as we will be getting some combination of new seats when DD#2 outgrows the Snugride in the next 4 months or so. TIA!

DD #1 (2/03)
DD #2 (3/06)

Joolsplus2
09-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Right, the Triumph is outgrown when one of these comes first: Shoulders above the top slots, tips of ears above the top of the seat back, or 40 pounds...could be anywhere from 38-42 inches tall depending on how long her legs or torso are.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

o_mom
09-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, part of her head, anyway. :-)

When the tops of her ears reach the top of the seat she is too tall (or when her shoulders are over the top slots).

LucyG
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Whew! She's only 35" tall, and nowhere near the top of the shell, so we're in good shape. Thanks!

DD #1 (2/03)
DD #2 (3/06)

Katra1
09-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Sadly, my DS outgrew his Triumph DLX WELL before he should have. He was only 27# and 36", but had a really long body. I ended up going with a high end convertible booster (5pt harness with SIP - cost around $250 I think). I don't think they're very accurate with their sizing on that particular seat. Very disappointing. Had I have known that, I would have bought the larger Britax and saved myself the trouble of having to get another car seat.

niccig
09-26-2006, 05:26 PM
The truimph has one of the shortest back heights of all convertible seat. Unfortunately, it isn't the only 40lb seat that is grown out of very quickly. Most 40lb seats have short backs and low slot heights and many children are too tall long before they're 40lbs. The carseat data web site lists measurements for seats for comparison. http://carseatdata.org/csnumbers.html
But it also does depend if your child is all legs or all torso like your DS. Unless your child is short, like my DS 3% for height, most 40lb seats won't last as long as the manufacturer says.

Nicci