PDA

View Full Version : keyfit installation

irishob
09-25-2006, 05:44 PM
My husband and I are going to be installing the bases of our keyfit into our cars this week as we patiently await DS. We have a 2004 Mazda 6 and and 2006 Volvo XC70 station wagon. Any hints or suggestions to make it easier and of course correctly installed! The XC only has latch on the outboard seats, not sure yet on the mazda.

I was also given a seat pad to use in my car since it has leather seats but have seen posts that the keyfit doesn't tear into the seats (the giver had a snugride). Any experience?

Thanks

seeks1
09-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi! I have the Keyfit and 2004 XC70. The base is really smooth so I have nothing under it. I actually think I have heard that you shouldn't use anything under b/c it can effect the safety. My leather looks great and there is nothing that digs in so don't worry about it.

For install, I started off with it in the center using the belt. My recommendation is to use the built in lockoff and do not lock the seat belt. When I had both it was pulling up on one side just a tad.

I currently have it installed on the passenger side outboard with latch because I was having to take it in and out a often and it was soooo easy to use the latch. The belt takes a few minutes more time but not too bad. It does fit much better in the middle. I am planning on re-installing in the center tomorrow because we shouldn't have to move it again until DS outgrows it in a few months.

Good luck!

Katra1
09-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Can't help with the installation, because we haven't bought ours yet, and we used a Peg last time.

However, you'll love having that seat liner - especially if you end up with a reflux baby. Our seats are Suede and Leather, and would be RUINED if not for that liner. It even has a catch rim around the base (prince lionheart brand).