PDA

View Full Version : WWYD: Received a carseat with the box open

AdiMom
09-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Please help me decide what to do.

I ordered a Britax Regent from Great Beginnings (http://www.greatbeginningsonline.com/). They were very prompt and shipped the seat out immediately. I got it yesterday. The box was open on my door step. The tape was cut and all 4 flaps were pushed inside the box. The seat itself was enclosed in plastic wrap and although the wrap was scratched up, there doesn't seem to have been any damage to the seat itself.

I called and left a message for the online department of the store. I haven't heard back yet.

What should I do? Should I ask them to send me another seat? Or keep the seat since it doesn't seem to have any visible damage? I don't understand who opened the boix, particularly because no attempt was made to tape it shut. Worse, the flaps were all pushed inside and around the seat so the box was completely open.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Joolsplus2
09-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Weird... the boxes go from britax to the store with no tape at all, it was nice of the store to put some tape on the thing... but I wonder if the shipping company opened it? I wonder why.......hmmmm...
But if the plastic bag is intact and there's no damage to the cover or seat, I wouldn't sweat it. Those big seats are notorious for being delivered in 'a truck must've backed over this!' looking-boxes.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Tondi G
09-29-2006, 06:29 PM
I'd open it up and have a look under the seat cover. Just to be sure it didn't slide out of the box somehow and hit the floor! Don't want to let it go and then go to change the cover and find the shell is cracked or broken somehow!

TracyBee
09-30-2006, 02:44 PM
The same thing happened when we ordered our Marathons. I called Britax and he told me to look over the seat carefully for any cracks or chips. If none, the seat is fine.

AdiMom
09-30-2006, 10:45 PM
I took your advice:-) There didn't seem any visible damage, so the seat is installed now. Thanks for helping me make te decision.