PDA

View Full Version : Side Rider

wilelm
09-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Am I just an idiot? I bought these for my RA and MA car seats. When I tried to put them on, the side of the seat was too wide, so the clamps wouldn't close. Now they won't close at all. Did I break them? And if so, how in the He** did it happen--I didn't try to force them. Has this happened to anybody else? I'm going to be really mad if I spent $20 and they broke before I could even get them on.

TIA,

Sheila

kellyotn
09-30-2006, 10:07 AM
You tried to clamp them on the plastic or the fabric? I just pinch a bit of fabric and clamp it onto that.... Does that make sense?

wilelm
09-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I tried to clamp it on the plastic. That must be my problem. I just figured that's where it would go because it would be more stable there.

Thanks,

Sheila

tjham
09-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Hope they're not broken! I have 4 for different seats. I love them! But I didn't like the way they hung when I clamped them on the edge of the fabric (not level) so I got some diaper pins (because they are sturdy and hard to undo). I decided where I wanted to attach the clamps. I lifted up the cover and put the pins through so that the metal lines showed through horizontally on the outside of the cover but the ends were underneath. Then I attached the clamps to the metal of the pins. That way, the Side Rider is exactly where I want it, firmly attached and level. The child can't touch the pins but s/he can reach whatever is in the holder. Also, I always have to open them with a butter knife because they are so tight.

If your clamps are really "sprung" and can't be used anymore, maybe you can use the safety pin trick to do the actual attaching.

Hope that helps!

kellyotn
09-30-2006, 01:56 PM
That's a good idea. One of mine is broken, maybe I'll try that! The clip pulled through the fabric on the Side Rider. I tried sticking it back through, but the hole it left is too large. I think one of the kids must have grabbed it and ripped it off.

wilelm
09-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks! I'll buy some diaper pins and give it a try.

Sheila