PDA

View Full Version : When to Adjust Straps on Marathon RF

matthewsmom
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I have a quesiton about when to adjust DD's straps for her Marathon. She's about 7 months old right now and the hole on the strap is at the lowest. Right now her shoulders are about 1 inch taller than the hole. I was going to adjust it but I remember a while back that I heard from someone that when the carseat is RR, that it is better for the straps to sit on the lower rung. Does this make sense? Should I be adjust the straps to a higher hole? When in the higher hole, it is alittle higher than her shoulders. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know. Thanks so much in advance.

bensmom
09-30-2006, 09:55 PM
You heard right. For rear-facing, the straps should be at or below her shoulders. Don't move them up until she is at or above the next set of harness strap holes (make sure that you are looking at the seat shell though, not the cover because sometimes the cover slips a little).

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

nfowife
10-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I just moved to the next to the bottom harness holes and my DD is 17 months- they should be at or below the shoulders (right now they are just barely below at the new setting). My DD is in the 90% for height, too.

matthewsmom
10-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks you guys for letting me know. I thought that was correct but I wasn't completely sure. I'm so glad for this board. You guys rock!