PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my FP Safe Voyage Booster...

TLC1994
10-01-2006, 01:52 PM
and I'd like to actually use it but I have a quick question & F.P. customer service is closed since it's Sunday. Maybe somebody can help me.

All I'm trying to do is attach the back to the base. The instructions say 'Lay the backrest flat. Locate the connectors at the rear of base. Press down to snap backrest hooks onto base connector rods. Rotate backrest up until it clicks into one of two available recline positions.'

When I attach the backrest hooks to the base connector rods, I do not hear a click. They basically just sit there, loosely. Then when I rotate the backrest up, it never clicks into either position. So - the back just flops either completely forward or completely backward. Obviously the car's seat would actually hold the backrest up, but is this alright? Should it be so loose and come apart so easily?

Thanks!!

SusanMae
10-01-2006, 06:36 PM
It doesn't sound right to me either. I've only seen one in the store once---but it was sitting upright.

For help you need to call Britax Customer Service, since the seat is made by Britax and is liscenced to use the FP name.

Susan

TLC1994
10-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah, they're closed today too. I can try 1st thing in the morning. Thanks!

Joolsplus2
10-02-2006, 08:00 AM
The starriser comfy used to just flop like that, so it's tough to call, based on just reading a description... I hope they are helpful when you call, but I won't be surpried if it does keep flopping that way. (you're the first on this board to own one...thanks for being our guinea pig, lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

TLC1994
10-02-2006, 08:43 AM
I just called Britax and was told that it will flop that way (it doesn't actually "lock" in place) and once it's in the car, it'll be ok. The back rest is basically there just to keep the seat belt in place.

Should I at all be concerned that the back rest will come apart from the base in an accident and then I'd lose all the safety features of the headrest? I'm sure it's fine - guess I'm just not used to a 2-piece car seat/booster seat.

As far as being the guinea pig with this seat - YIKES! I thought for sure someone else had used one before. I'm not usually the 1st to do anything - I'm much more of a follower!! ;)

I'll keep you posted in the next few days/weeks and let you know how my DD and I like it. I'll use it when I pick her up from school today & see if it's difficult to strap in or not.

Thanks again!

Joolsplus2
10-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Well, it won't really come apart in a crash, it'll ride with her forward and/or sideways...it was one of the things I loved about the Starriser Comfy...my kid could lean all over the place and the belt always stayed right on his shoulder :).

I hope it works out for you guys :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

o_mom
10-02-2006, 12:45 PM
You are not so much a guinea pig for the seat as the cover. :-) The Starriser Comfy was around a long time. My sister has two because they are the only ones narrow enough for her to fit three in the back row of her Odyssey (she has 5 kids). They do "flop", which is annoying for sitting on the garage floor, but not too bad in the car. Try it for a few days and don't let her have anything but crackers and clear liquids in it in case you really, really hate it.