PDA

View Full Version : Chicco KeyFit

momtobe2007
05-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Did the Chicco Keyfit rate good on the safety ratings? We just picked one up yesterday and I thought that it was like #2 or so on the list of "best" seats. Is it easy to install with a lap/shoulder seatbelt?

Joolsplus2
05-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes, it's a very safe seat, and incredibly easy to install properly with a lap/shoulderbelt. Also probably the easiest seat on the market to use properly... I had six infant seats and it was by far my favorite :). Just give the manual a good reading, and you should be fine.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

dsb22
05-30-2007, 09:51 PM
We have a KeyFit and took it on vacation to CA this past week. Prior to the vacation, we had had trouble figuring it out (I took it to the fire dept to install in our main vehicle and never had time to study the manual). However once my dh saw my sister install it (and she figured it out in under 5 minutes, having two kids of her own), he transfered it back and forth between cars all week with no problems and without complaint.

haraldsworth
05-30-2007, 11:52 PM
We also have the KeyFit. It is very easy to transfer from car to car. I never moved our old car seat, but have no problems with this one. Plus, I think that they have some different colors compared to most brands.

jray
05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
I had a Chicco KeyFit with my second son. I really liked it. My son could stay in it longer, too, because it was bigger than some of the others. (And I have big boys!) :)

It was so easy to install!

The downfalls - the sunshade was a joke, and the fabric wasn't as soft as some of the others. Maybe they have fixed their newer models, though. Mine was a 2006.

Good luck!