PDA

View Full Version : Radian buckle

sobers3
05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I ordered 2 Radians from Target. We only opened one so far to see how we like it. My 3 yr old DGS can open the buckle that goes across the chest very easily. Is it that way on all Radians? The buckles on our Platinum Cargos are fine. Also, DGS #2 who is 4 is complaining about the warning label behind his back. I felt it and it feels really crinkly and annoying. I'm sure it is worse with summer clothes on. If we keep the seat, do you think there is any harm in taking it off with a seam ripper?

tjham
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
My granddaughter is almost 6 in a Radian. She hasn't complained about the label. But she did unbuckle the chest clip right away while trying it out in the house. She has never undone any of the others she has (Cargo, Bolero, Marathon, FP Safe Voyage Deluxe)! I had only to say "That was great! Now don't do it again unless you ask first!" But that just MAY not work with a 3 yr old! I was quite surprised because Russ (of Sunshine Kids) commented on how this clip was far superior to all the others. Hmmmm.

catfeet
05-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Hmm. Different strokes for different kids. My ds has had the dilly of a time even doing the thing up, let alone undoing it. Maybe a chest clip "sock"?

HTH,
Ann

Joolsplus2
05-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, Sunshine Kids just goes on and on about how wonderful and strong their chest clips are... I'd call them and tell them this is a problem. They sell their product for other seats, maybe they'd allow a different brand of clip on their seat? They'll say no about the label....I'd say yes, as long as the seat isn't going to be handed down to some unsuspecting parent (or buy a new cover before you do that, or whatever... just be responsible, kwim? lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx