PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout defect?

stacyann_1
05-29-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is normal.. thought one of the amazing techs or another roundabout user might know. When I latch the left arm strap to the bottom, it doesn't make that clicky sound, and sometimes when I am latching the right side, the left side comes out and I have to put it in again. Once the right side is in, the left side locks in place. Has anyone else had this experience? I have one roundabout and one marathon and haven't had this issue with the marathon.

Thanks,
Stacy

bensmom
05-29-2007, 09:52 PM
The click sounds only happens when the second side is latched. If you hear the click sound, you know that both sides are good. If the left side comes out when you put the right side in, then you didn't put the left side in all the way. Any chance your buckle has dirt/food/crud in it?

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

PAfirsttimemom
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I was just going to ask this same question but about my Boulevard. It never clicks on the left side, but does on the right. So that is normal? I too was worried that I had a defective seat. When I reached my destination the other day, I noticed that the left side had come out of the buckle. Not good! So was it likely error on my part--that I didn't push it all the way in? Or could the fact that it came loose coorespond in any way to that lack of clicking?

bensmom
05-31-2007, 11:14 AM
You should make sure that you hear the click when you insert the second side (I also give the buckle a tug after I tighten straps to make sure it stays together). If you hear the click on the second side and it still comes out of the buckle, then there's something wrong and you should stop using the seat and call Britax.

Do you always buckle the left side first? Whichever side is buckled last should click.

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

PAfirsttimemom
05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
I usually buckle the left side first, and the right side clicks.

I am pretty sure I did hear a click on the day I noticed the left side had come loose. I haven't had a problem before this or since, so I will keep monitoring it. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
05-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, keep an eye on it.. either it can be soaked in plain tepid water to rinse out any stickies that might be keeping it from latching, or Britax will replace it immediately if it's actually broken (they might charge you for a new one if the seat is over a year old...but sometimes they feel guilty and send it free ;) )
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

stacyann_1
05-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the information, I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.