PDA

View Full Version : What do you think would be our best option? Another conv seat Q!

Zana
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
DD is almost 6mths and we want to get her out of the snugride soon (by June latest). Cost is a factor but I'm willing to buy something expensive as long I get the best value for my money (maximised use!). These are the options I was thinking about, I would really appreciate any input! Any other suggestions are welcome too.

DD is small: 13+lbs at 5 and half mths
DS is 3yrs, 38in, 32lbs and in a MA
We have a Toyota Camry (love the fit/install with the MA)

Option 1: buy DD a MA

Option 2: buy DD a Decathalon/Blvd (do those infant inserts really make a difference?)

Option 3: buy DS a Radian (is this as safe/comfortable as a MA?) and move DD to the MA

Option 4: buy DS a Regent (practically speaking will he want a booster when he is 6+ and refuse to sit in this till he is 80pds!) and move DD to the MA

TIA

o_mom
05-31-2007, 09:34 AM
I would look at either #1 or #4. Your DS is pretty small, so he will likely get to age 5 or so in a MA. A Regent could always be passed downin 3-4 years if you want to move to a booster.

One other option may be the Recaro Young Sport or the new Recaro convertible. The YS harnesses to 40 lbs, but that may last your DS to age 5, depending on if he is just turned 3 or closer to 4. Then it makes a great booster. The Recaro conv is supposed to be very nice, but may not be out in time.

mommyto4
05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
How about a Scenera or Uptown for baby? That way you can leave your son in his Marathon for now and get a Regent or something similar in a year or so. Why do you want to get her out of the Snugride if she still has plenty of room in it? Just curious.