PDA

View Full Version : Secondary car seat for 2.5yr old

lilbit
06-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Calling the experts.... :)

I need to buy a secondary seat for my 2.5yr old. She's got a Marathon for her main seat.

From the little time I've had to research it looks like the Evenflo Triumph and the Fisher Price Safe Voyage both get a lot of votes for secondary seats. Is this truly the case? Am I missing anything else?

The seat will be installed in the center of a 2000 Saab hatch back. She's 36in and 28lbs.

Joolsplus2
06-01-2007, 01:52 PM
The Triumph is a decent second seat for younger babies, really (can't rearface very long, can't harness very long, doesnt' become a booster, too heavy to travel with easily)...for an older kiddo, you want to go with something with tall top slots and maybe a higher harness weight limit. Is she still rearfacing? The FP is probably great then :). If she's forward facing and light, the Recaro Young Sport is nice, it becomes an awesome booster seat when she's 40 pounds (hopefully at least age 5...if she's a rapid gainer, it might not keep her harnessed long enough). The Cosco Apex is fantastic if she's a little heavier, it goes to 65 pounds and becomes a good booster, too.

If's she's petite, the Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Generations are quite nice cheaper choices.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx