PDA

View Full Version : Regent Install

KrystalS
06-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I got my DD's new Regent today and I'm having problems getting a good install in my Explorer. I've never had problems installing my Roundabout or Decathlon. I just can't get the latch tight with the Regent. Any tips or suggestions?

mommyto4
06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't have any tips on LATCH installs, but did you try a seatbelt install. I always get my Regents rock solid with the long belt path and top tether.

lisams
06-03-2007, 12:24 AM
That's what we ended up doing as well, and it's in there rock solid. For some reason we couldn't get it really tight with the LATCH.

Joolsplus2
06-03-2007, 08:52 AM
www.car-safety.org has a page of tips for getting a Husky (same as Regent) installed...but honestly, yeah, even I always use the long path lap/shoulderbelt...it takes a bit of practice, maybe even help from someone else at first to keep the belts from twisting, but it's the closest thing to a rock solid install most of us can get with that seat.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

KrystalS
06-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Ok thanks, I'll try the seatbelt instead of LATCH today.

KrystalS
06-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I was trying to pull the LATCH belts from the outside of the seat instead of through the holes in the cover. I knew I was doing something wrong. When I looked in the book to see how to do the seatbelt installation I saw the picture of the LATCH installation.
Thanks for the help though!

Joolsplus2
06-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Life's always better when you read the manual ;)

:)

Glad it worked!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

KrystalS
06-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Well I had read the manual to make sure I was doing it right but I guess I missed that page. I just assumed it would be just like my Decathlon. But I got it figured out and DD loves it, she says she has a lot more room than her Decathlon. Even though she was no where near growing out of it, we're just passing it on to grandma's car.