PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Rounabout RFing Height limit

Mommy2Anastasia
06-04-2007, 09:10 AM
My husband is freaking out because our son has reached the stated height limit for our roundabout rear facing.

We have a 2005 roundabout and in the manual it says the height limit for rear facing is 30 inches, our son is 6 months and 30 inches.

So my husband wants to get the Radian 65 to replace it right away.

I'm just confused because I have read other places that the roundabout doesn't have a height limit rear facing that the limit is 40 inches for FFing.

But indeed our manual that came with the seat does state 30 inches max for RFing.

When I go online to look at the manual it doesn't have the same info it's different. Did they recently change this for the new models or something??

I'm confused and just wondering if we HAVE to buy a new seat.

o_mom
06-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Basically, older ones and Canadian ones have a printed height limit, but only because of regulations. As long as the top of the head is below the top of the seat it should be fine.

Check the FAQs for Roundabout:

http://www.britaxusa.net/support/faq.aspx

"Refer to your user’s guide and the labels affixed to the restraint for the appropriate height and weight ranges. Older restraints have a standing height limit of 30 inches rear-facing. As well, as required by Canadian regulations, there are height limits for restraints distributed in Canada. Newer restraints have no standing height for rear facing as infants grow at greatly varying rates; however, the child is too tall when the top of the head is even with the top of the shell. "

Mommy2Anastasia
06-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks I was wondering if it was a Canadian vs US thing also.

Well I guess we'll just be getting a new seat anyway right away because my husband is a stickler for following the EXACT rules and instructions on car seats, which I guess is a good thing really, so he won't let him ride in it if it says the RFing height limit is 30 inches.

Thanks so much for the info though tried to convince him it wouldn't need to be done, at least right away. Ah well.

Joolsplus2
06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
To keep your husband calm until the new seat arrives, assure him that the Roundabout has exceeded all testing standards with the 38 inch tall, 33 pound three year old dummy in the rearfacing position. That way you can at least get to the store to buy a new seat (or whatever) without your dh having a heart attack about not following the rules in your manual :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Mommy2Anastasia
06-04-2007, 09:56 AM
LOL

Ya I will do that. Luckily 2 stores in town have the Radian in stock so we can get it today no problem, one is a 5 min walk from our house.

I think part of the thing driving him to want to get it right away is that he wants to put our daughter in the Britax and take her out of the crappy Alpha Omega I ended up getting for her. That thing is a PITA.

But I just didn't think it was 100% necessary then when I was reading the conflicting height requirements I thought I could convince him that we didn't need a new seat.

Joolsplus2
06-04-2007, 09:58 AM
LOL, well, any excuse to ditch an AO is a good excuse. Post back if you need help installing the Radian, it's a tad tricky and space consumptive.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx