PDA

View Full Version : Question about reclining safe seat 1

Spencers Mom
06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
OK. My DD is now 12 days old!! We've only been out a couple of times, obviously. The seat sits up so straight it just makes DD be one little ball. I've read and reread the manual and the only thing I see about recline is talking about reclining the base/seat until only blue shows in the window on the seat. Surely the seat has more than one position? One for a 8 lb baby and a different one for a 25 lb child? Can I just not read and comprehend??

Alison

Joolsplus2
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Have you given the knob a spin to make the foot come out more to make the recline a little more? It might make the orange show a smidge as 'overreclined', but if she's flopping forward, I'd make the parental decision to use it that way anyway (I think that 'all blue' in the window is really pretty upright, honestly!). It's allowed to be more upright if it's possible to get it more upright (orange showing in the window as too upright) for an older kid, but we haven't found we have to or even can get it more upright in our cars (16 mo dd doesn't mind at all, at any rate, lol).

Congratulations on the new babe :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Spencers Mom
06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks! You always make it better. I'll try it. AND I can't believe your "baby" is already that old!
Alison

Amaris
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
We thought our ss1 looked too upright with all blue in the window too, so we used a square (tool from DH's toolbox, not an actual square, looks like a triangle) and a level to determine if it was at a 45 degree angle. It wasn't. To actually be at 45 degrees in the captains chair of our odyssey we had to put the foot all the way out! It does show a smidge of orange, but personally I trust the level more than the indicator on the seat!