PDA

View Full Version : need a little help here

nyc_mom
06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
DD is 2.8 years old. She is 35 lbs. and 39.5 inches tall (at least she was at her 2.6 check-up). I will be car pooling with another mom in September for preschool and need to find a lightweight, easy to install, moderately priced seat for the other mom's car. What type of seat will DD need at that point (2.11 yrs)? Could she use some sort of booster seat or does she need a car seat. I can't imagine purchasing another Britax (she's in a DC now) just for carpooling but I'm not sure what the next step would be. TIA!

o_mom
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
You could get an inexpensive combo seat like the Evenflo Bolero or the Graco Cargo (w/ front adjuster). They are around $70-100 and have a similar height to the DC. They only harness to 40 lbs, though, so you may find she outgrows them too soon. She is much too young for a booster now - think closer to age 5-6 for that.

Another option would be the Cosco Apex - harness to 65 lbs then a booster, similar height to the DC but requires a headrest or seatback behind the child's head. It runs around $99-129.

Then there is the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe. Same shell as the DC, 55 lbs limit, $129 at AlbeeBaby.com. This will not be a 'lightweight' option, but is made by Britax and will be the most similar to your current seat.