PDA

View Full Version : Seat recommendation for 7 month & 3 yr old

deltajetfixer
06-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi :)

I have a 7 month old who is getting too big for his Snugride. I also have a 3 yr old DS (32 lbs, 36" approx) who is currently in a Marathon. I'm not sure whether I should move the youngest to the Marathon and put the 3 yr old in to a Recaro or something similar or just buy the youngest a new Marathon or FP Safe Voyage.

If I do move the 3 yr old to a combination 5 pt/booster seat, which one do you suggest?

I have read over the earlier posts that have situations similar to mine and I'm totally lost.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Jennifer

DS Drew (5/14/04)
DS Will (11/10/06)

o_mom
06-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I would probably get another Marathon. Your current Marathon will most likely be expiring in 2-3 years (6 years after manufacture) at which point you can move your older one into either a booster or something that will harness longer if you want.

Most combo seats only go to 40 lbs so you would risk that he will outgrow the harness before he is really ready for a booster (age 5 or 6). The only one that goes to a higher weight is the Cosco Apex and it requires high seatbacks or headrests behind the child's head.

mommyto4
06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
I would get another Marathon or, if money is tight, a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe. If you go with the Fisher Price, I would use it for the 3 year old and the Marathon for the baby since the Marathon can be tethered rear facing and the Fisher Price can't. I hope that makes sense.