PDA

View Full Version : Size of Safe Seat 2? Reviews?

nbrackman
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I'm planning on getting an extra FF seat for dh's and/or my mom's car. I think the Safe Seat 2 looks like a good bet because of the high harnesses and the fact that my kid who needs it probably won't hit 40 lbs. until she's well old enough to sit properly in a BPB.

Anyway.

Any reviews of this? How does the size compare to, say, a Marathon? I can't find it anywhere local to see in person.

Thanks!

o_mom
06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
It is pretty big - at least the size of a Marathon. I have seen it at BRU if you have one near. It is on a base to give it the recline feature and has very deep sides.

Nice seat, but I think the price is a bit overkill for a 40 lb seat. For $130 (or less, check Bargain Alerts for a deal) you could get a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe which is similar to the Marathon and goes to 55 lbs. Or, for $80-100, you could get a Cargo w/front adjuster which has similarly high slots. I don't think you could go wrong with the SafeSeat, but it is heavy compared to those two.

nbrackman
06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Platinum cargo still good? I saw one today at TRU that was very plush looking and under $100. And I have a gift card.

o_mom
06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Yep. I think all except the 'Treasured' have the front adjuster. Other than that the only difference is covers and padding.