PDA

View Full Version : Safeguard GO, opinions?

dogmom
06-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I couldn't find much information on the Safeguard Go Booster Seat in old posts. Does anyone have it?

At $180-200 it is cheaper than the Regent and looks just as good, definately more portable. Right now we got a MA, RA, Husky (old Regent) and Graco booster for my daughter (1 yo) and son (4 yo and 45 inches). My DD isn't as chunky as my DS (he hit the 33lb RF limit by 15 mo) but she is TALL. So I'm trying to plan future car seat purchases since I know she is going to outgrow the RA before she hits 3. I could buy the Safegaurd Go at somepoint, replace the Graco booster with it and then pass it on down to the daughter when she outgrows the RA.

The Safegaurd Go also looks a little slimmer, which might be helpful if I want to take a friend of my son's anywhere and fit 3 across in my Outback.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve 6/18/06

o_mom
06-09-2007, 11:08 AM
nak. Harness is shorter than a MA and way shorter than a Regent, harness adjustment is kind of fiddley for everday use, requires top tethers. Julie had one, but I think she sold it.

emmasmama
06-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I just looked at it yesterday at the Right Start. It was smaller looking than I expected and the padding was just okay. My thought was that it would be good for traveling or a spare, but I don't think I'd want it as an everyday seat. I also have a Regent, MA & RA and the padding is just so plush on those in comparison and I imagine the kids would be much more comfortable in those for any longer drive and especially to nap in.

bensmom
06-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I agree. I love the Go as a travel seat and as a spare seat. I had it in DH's car for a few weeks and he didn't like it for everyday use.

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom