PDA

View Full Version : how to install 2 seats - best position?

lil_acorn
06-11-2007, 08:18 AM
We have #2 on the way and I'm trying to figure out the best way to position the 2 car seats. DS is 3 years old and is in a roundabout and now I need to install the snug ride. what did you find best. did you try to do middle and side or just one on each side?

bensmom
06-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Is DS forward facing or RF? What car are you installing them in?

In my Mountaineer (no LATCH), I had DS1 FF in the center in a RA and DS2 outboard in the Snugride. They fit pretty well next to each other and DS1 was fine sitting next to the baby. In DH's car, which is smaller, I have both kids outboard. (I now have DS1 FF in a MA and DS2 RF in the RA)

I like having the kids next to each other in my car because my center seat is a lap belt only. So, by having DS1 there (in a harnessed seat), I still have room for a passenger in the back.

I'm starting to consider separating them (DS1 is almost 3.5 and DS2 is 1) because DS1 keeps complaining about DS2 "touching" him.

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

KrisM
06-11-2007, 01:06 PM
My DS is also 3 and is FF in the center. DD is 1 and is RFing outboard passenger side. They enjoy being next to each other. I don't have room for another passenger, but I do have room to squeeze in and buckle them up if it's raining.