PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a tether anchor point for FF Marathon in a Chevy Tahoe?

BayAreaMom
06-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Can anyone share their knowledge about a tether anchor point for a center-installed FF Marathon in a 2001 Chevy Tahoe (2000-2006 body style)? I read some people confuse them with the cargo hooks, which are in the floor of the rear cargo area- are these okay to use? We have a cargo floor mat, so using these are less desirable, as they also impair use of the cargo area. Is there an anchor bolt that can be bought and installed in the ceiling? I called the dealer and they didn't know of anything. I just bought a tether anchor bolt that installs in the cargo area ceiling of my 1999 Subaru Outback and is perfect because I can still fit my stroller in the back.

I found a great RF tether location in case anyone is wondering- wrapped the Britax webbing loop around the interior rear base of the driver seat (the part that doesn't move when the seat moves- its closest to the base/carpet). This was very hard- I had to thread the webbing under the metal part using a dinner knife, and it only worked on the drivers side- the passenger seat didn't have enough of an opening to thread the webbing through.

Thanks,

Joolsplus2
06-13-2007, 05:49 PM
It says tether anchor on floor for all three middle back row positions...does the manual say anything? I recall vaguely having to dig around in some cars like that and them being hard to find, but right behind the seats, not in the way of the cargo area at all, really. No, it can't be done in the ceiling... everyone has their own special places to put these things :(
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jeno
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
xxxxxxx