PDA

View Full Version : Best Price on Britax Regent??

annasmom
06-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Can someone tell me where I can find the best price on a Britax Regent? And, is this still my best bet for a 30lb, 40" almost 4 year old?? TIA!

Joolsplus2
06-14-2007, 07:24 AM
For a kid that small you don't really have to go with such a huge seat, you could probably keep said kiddo harnessed till age 5 or 6 in a Recaro Young Sport (which then becomes an awesome booster), or a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe, or a Graco Safeseat 2, or Graco Platinum Cargo, or Evenflo Generations, or a Sunshine Kids Radian. But if you really want a Regent, they are never on sale, they are often not in stock, shoot for 269 and free shipping (BRU has them now, too if you want to see one in person).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

annasmom
06-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the info!! Maybe I will take the kids over to BRU this weekend. Yeah, I know it is quite huge. She is still very comfortable in her Marathon, but I need to move the baby out of his Companion so we need another seat. I was hoping to just shift everyone around - DD into a Regent, DS#1 into his sister's Marathon, DS#2 into his brother's Decathalon (although at this point he probably doesn't need the infant inserts anymore).

Can you tell we are a Britax family?? I figured my best bet for future use would be to get a bigger seat - which can be used for the boys as well. My biggest concern is to get this huge seat that will last forever, and then have my dc protest about being in a "baby" seat.

Joolsplus2
06-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Oh, kids don't complain, you just tell them it's safest, they are smart enough to understand that :).

So it might be a good choice for you guys... be aware it does expire after 6 years like all other Britaxes, so you'd probably use it for a couple years for the older two kids (and if you travel or go in other cars, the Parkway is a terrific choice for that), and it might expire by the time the little guy needs it, but you can re-evaluate your needs then :)

Radian, Recaro, and Safeguard are all at least as good quality as Britax, just fyi (lol, and chicco is a way better infant seat than the companion, but we won't go there now!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

annasmom
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
(lol, and chicco is a way better infant
>seat than the companion, but we won't go there now!)

Julie, you are telling me!! If I had only listened to you and the other moms when I was buying my Companion. I am sure it is really great, but it is a MOOSE! And, of course the Consumer Reports debacle occurred right after I purchased mine!