PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: tips & photos for Blvd airplane installation

longtallsally
06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Help! I need some tips and photos on how to install a Britax Boulevard in an airline seat because next week I am taking my DD on a three-leg, trans-Pacific flight. I won't have another person to help me, so I really need for the install process to go as smoothly and quickly as possible! I am a visual person, so photos would really help.

DD is 16 months old, weighs 22.5 lbs, and is 31 inches tall, so she RFs in my car. I would like DD to RF on the plane, and except for one leg of the trip, we are sitting in United Economy Plus, so I'm hoping the extra inches of seat pitch will allow us to do that. I checked seatguru.com and it looks like our seats are 18 inches wide, but the armrests won't move on some of our flights. Please tell me that isn't going to be a problem! I'm not sure what our seats will be like on the All Nippon Airways flight, so DD might have to FF on that leg of the flight if there isn't enough room to RF.

I'm really not crazy about bringing DD's Boulevard. I would have bought a Graco Comfort Sport or Cosco Scenera, but I couldn't find a retailer that would ship a Scenera to our APO, plus the Scenera won't work with our GoGoKidz Travelmate (per the GoGoBabyz website), and our Exchanges suddenly stopped carrying the ComfortSport recently, so I have no choice but to bring the BLVD. I just hope I can get DD, the BLVD, and all our carry-on items down the aisle of the plane! Any tips or photos you have to share would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Look in the Carseat 101 thread for links to my pics of a Marathon installed rear-facing. It should be the same.

longtallsally
06-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the tips; I printed them out. However, I don't see any photos. Is it possible they have been removed or are located elsewhere? We are less than 5 days away from our departure date and I'm kind of nervous about getting the installation right.

Thanks again!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Here is the thread. I thought it was in carseat101 but it's not.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=13&topic_id=27181&mesg_id=27181&listing_type=search