PDA

View Full Version : Convertible carseat - looking for inexpensive (under $50)

momof1squirt
06-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I need a inexpensive rear/forward facing carseat for my 13 mth 16 lb dd. I will only be using this seat for three months daily while on vacation and then it will be the second seat for my dh's car. So I need an inexpensive convertible seat (because she's so tiny). Once we get back from vacation she will use her Marathon. I have looked online at the Cosco Scenara but the only place I found it (Target) wants to charge $24 for shipping making it $64 total.
Can you recommend another seat or is there somewhere I can get free shipping?

Thanks,
Andrea :)

schums
06-17-2007, 02:20 PM
The Scenera is sold at Target, Walmart and K-mart stores for under $50 all the time, and is frequently on sale for under $40.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

o_mom
06-17-2007, 02:59 PM
That's really as cheap as they come for a convertible. Check Target, Walmart and Kmart. They were recently at BigLots, too. The other one usually recommended is the Safety 1st Uptown as it is taller and more padded, but it is $99 at Walmart.

You can get free shipping on two baby gear items at Target. If you browse through, you can probably find something that is less than $24 to add to your order to get the free shipping. That's what I did the last time they had this.

Joolsplus2
06-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Kmart has Sceneras for 34$ this week in stores :) (if you are used to your marathon, do post back with installation questions, the scenera really feels 'flimsy' in comparison and it's hard to get used to how it installs and feels so different...it's still safe, though :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx