PDA

View Full Version : Blvd harness question

denna
06-18-2007, 03:50 AM
Every time I put DS into his BLVD it seems that the right side is much loser then the left. I always wiggle his bum around and have him sit back and even when he is centered in the seat it still seems like the right side is too loose. But if I tighten it then the left side becomes tighter as well and it is perfect the way it is usally. Any btdt experience or advice? Am I doing something wrong?

TIA

Joolsplus2
06-18-2007, 07:07 AM
It's not possible for a properly routed harness to be THAT much different from side to side, as they both have terminal ends under the bottom of the seat. Have you played with it with the kiddo out of it? Is everything routed properly and hooked up right? If it is, then it's just a wiggly kiddo quirk, and not to worry :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

denna
06-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Thanks Julie for your response. I am pretty positive that everything is fine in that regard but I will take the seat out and take a look. I think he is in need for a height adjustment anyway it seems to be pulling on his shoulders a little so I think he needs to move up a slot. I will have to check it all out and play with it. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks!:)

mommyto4
06-19-2007, 10:11 AM
It sound, to me, like the harness isn't threaded right. Possibly at the bottom (where the harness goes through the shell beside baby's hips). The harness should go through the shell, then curve and go back through. Maybe the right side is only through the first slot and not the second. I hope I am explaining that right.

Joolsplus2
06-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Slot? Boulevard? Huh? Just dial it up :)

Yeah, Melinda's right, that bottom metal tab on the bottom of the seat/hip straps do need to go through both slots...if you've never taken it apart, they should be, but if you have, you may have put them back wrong... I wonder if I can find a picture....
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

denna
06-20-2007, 01:03 AM
I didnt mean slot ;). I meant dial it up. Sorry for the confusion. I must be thinking about the Safety 1st and the Bvld at the same time :).
I will take a look at all of the straps tonight and see what I can figure out.

Thanks again for the help.

denna
06-20-2007, 01:04 AM
I will take a look at this too.

Thanks!