PDA

View Full Version : extra seat for vacation?

megv
06-18-2007, 02:06 PM
We are travelling to WDW in a few weeks. Should we take our MA for 2yo DS on the plane or buy a new seat? We would then give the seat to grandparents to use ICE since we already each own a MA. I am hoping that DS sleeps during the 3hr flight and am afraid that the Scenera isn't very comfy compared to his MA. Plus, how difficult is the install? We are talking 2 short-tempered men (DS and DH!!) I really dont want to get started with everyone in a bad mood. Finally, should I be concerned about the MA getting beat up in transit, ie pissed DH dragging the thing through the airport? (Hopefully am not the only one with a DH who gets irritated with the gear!) Is the GoGo KIDZ a good idea?

I know that you have answered countless similar questions, but I still have to ask anyway! Thanks!

Meg

stillplayswithbarbies
06-19-2007, 11:45 AM
The GogoKidz is an awesome invention and will make it so much easier. The Marathon installs fairly easily in the plane, see instructions in the Carseat101 thread.

all together ooky
06-19-2007, 03:27 PM
The Marathon will install fine (just make sure you flip the buckle on the seatbelt so it faces back-makes uninstalling MUCH easier).

The Scenera is just SO much lighter and easier to carry around the airport and is much cheaper than getting the gogokids.
We have both an MA and Scenera and DD does prefer the MA. But, she doesn't really complain about the Scenera and has slept fine in it. If we were flying I'd take the Scenera.

betsydenny
06-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Dont know if you are also bringing a stroller but I know that the MA and the Scenara both fit easily in a Maclaren stroller if you also happen to be bringing that along. I put our MA/RA or Scenara in the stroller seat, use the top tether to wrap around the stroller handle and put kid in the car seat. It works beautifully.
My kids never complained about the Scenara vs. the MA. So I would take that over the MA bc it is MUCH lighter. and will install just fine.
Don't have the GoGo Kidz but hear it is also great.
HTH!
Betsy

AddiesMom
06-20-2007, 05:39 AM
Another one here with a MA for everyday use and a Scenera for travel and back-up. DD has never complained about it and it is so much easier to carry around. Just invest $5 in shoulder strap covers at BRU, DD was wearing a summer dress and the strap was cutting into her. Antoher benefit, when I get back to my home airport the last thing I want to do is re-install the MA, I just put the Scenera in the back and go home!

I do have to say that for babies RF, I think it is horrible to install and as soon as DD hit the FF requirements I flipped her unlike the MA since it felt so much more secure. I believe in RF as long as possible but it just didn't feel safe RF in the cars I rented. Everytime I would think I get a solid install I would lean on it and it would just fall over (Toyota Highlander, Ford Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee for rentals). Installing FF is a snap, but practice fist as if you were using a seat belt on a plane and then using latch in a car.

megv
06-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the input ladies...

I think we will probably get a Scenera for the plane and strap it to our Quest in the airport...that was a great tip! We won't really need the seat once we arrive since we are staying in the park and will be using the WDW transportation.

I am really not too keen with struggling with the MA in the airport, plus we would then have to reinstall when we land.

Thanks again! Meg