PDA

View Full Version : Need car/carseat advice.

candybomiller
06-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Which car/vehicle has the best backseat for a rear facing Marathon?

ETA: Oh, and safest, too!

HannaAddict
06-18-2007, 04:33 PM
That is a very broad question. Is money no object? :) Gas mileage? A great site that I learned about on this board is www.informedforlife.org. They compile the different safety features and crash test data and come up with a ranking of cars. Believe it or not, I think the Kia Sedona minivan has come in number one for a couple of years. But after having one as a rental car, I would never buy it and find it hard to believe it is the safest. It didn't have the solid feel of some other slightly lesser ranked cars/SUVs. We've had rock solid installs in Volvos, Mercedes, Honda Pilot and Odyssey, etc. at one time or another. Mercedes had cargo/carseat tethers installed on the floor that make installing the rear facing tether a snap. And they look nice (the cargo rings). Volvo has a good place to tether too. Not so for some other cars we've rented, even nice cars.

Kimberly

candybomiller
06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the website. Based on that, I think we'll consider a Honda Odyssey.

Joolsplus2
06-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I was going to Suggest a Bentley... oh... um, you aren't made of money either? ROFL!
LOVE my Ody, can't say enough good things about it :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

candybomiller
06-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Actually, my chauffer drives the Bentley, and there's no way the car seats are going in the back where I sit. Just not enough room for me.

LMAO.

mommyto4
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I love the Odyssey. That's what my hubby and I are trying to save for.