PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't this be bad?

samsonsmom
06-18-2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Kids-II-Einstein-Music-Mirror/dp/B000A40WC2

I got this as a shower gift...I think I registered for it, not realizing that it was designed for use in the car. It has straps that you use to strap it around the headrest on the back seat for a rf child, or front seat for a ff child. If it was secured properly, could this be safe or no?

I would just use it as a toy around the house, except for the instructions say NOT to use it as a floor toy. I believe that is because the straps for strapping it to the car seat could be a strangulation hazard. Spose I could just cut them off, but not sure it's worth it. Maybe I should just try to return it to Target...tho I think I'm now past the 90 day return window.

SnuggleBuggles
06-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I'd look for something at home to strap it to. Maybe the crib? I think they say all these mirrors and car toys are potential projectiles, even if secured well.

Beth

samsonsmom
06-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Yeah...I thought about that. Not sure I want something so entertaining in there where the babe is supposed to be sleeping, though.

I wonder why they make stuff like this? I mean, it seems like the Baby Einstein people would have a clue.

babysophia
06-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Well, I strap a fisher price safety mirror to the back headrest of the car so I can see my daughter's face in her infant seat. The straps are very secure, so I don't see that it would harm anyone in a car accident.

Joolsplus2
06-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I don't get why some of their stuff is so HARD... this isn't something you'd want launched at your kids head in a crash or the seat rebounding into.. .Try returning it, or yah, put it in the crib or on the changing table. They also make a HARD toy bar that attaches to carseats...I guess they aren't up on the 'must put the handle down when driving rule' that so many carseats have, or the 'don't attach toys to the handle of the seats that can be left up' rule :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

SnuggleBuggles
06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I guess I am the opposite- I love having toys in the crib because ds would play by himself in his crib for almost an hour some mornings...an hour of extra sleep for me since he was happy. :) Sleep was always fine.

Good luck on your decision!!

Beth

samsonsmom
06-19-2007, 09:14 AM
True, that. Well...maybe I'll see if Target will take it back ($24.95 in my pocket would also be nice, eh?), but if not, into the crib it goes!