PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Keyfit v. 2007

sueprinter
06-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I bought a new chicco keyfit infant seat today, and noticed that it was made in March of 2006. It is a deep purple color. Are there any differences between the 2006 and 2007 models? SHould I be mad that I got an "older" seat or are they really the same?

Thanks for your help. I am just tired of being ripped off all the time.

Sue

Tondi G
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
that is an old seat. You have lost over a year of it's lifespan already! I would contact whoever you bought it from and ask for a newer DOM seat!

I believe Chicco is coming out with a Keyfit that has higher height and weight limits but I'm not sure if it's out yet!

~Tondi

Joolsplus2
06-20-2007, 09:22 AM
They are the same, you got a bargain on an older (pretty!) cover, I hope (If you got it cheap, that's fine, a seat is good for 6 years, I'd be mad if I paid full price, 159, but happy if I paid less :)). There are no differences, seats aren't like strollers and cars, they just come out with new cover choices periodically, not model years. If you won't need this seat for 3+ kids, then keep it (now, a convertible that you really DO want to fit for 5-6 years, you want to make sure you get the newest model possible).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sueprinter
06-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the help. I did pay 159 with tax but I do like the purple a lot more than the other colors it also seems a little softer so if the safety and protective padding is the same I will keep it.

Thanks so much. I feel a better now!