PDA

View Full Version : seat for 2 1/2 yr old

leed
06-20-2007, 12:47 PM
DS2 is 4mos, and at his checkup yesterday he was 27 1/2 in and 16 lbs - time to move him out of his infant seat. I want to move hime into DS1 Roundabout, and I am not sure the best choice for a new seat for DS1. He is 2 1/2 (3 in oct) and is 39 1/2 in and 34lbs. I don't know if I should get a marathon or a regent?
Thanks

all together ooky
06-20-2007, 09:19 PM
I'd get the Regent. You'll get the most bang for the buck and you don't need the RF capability (since he's too heavy) of the Marathon.
The Regent will last you years longer than the Marathon.

DebbieJ
06-20-2007, 11:48 PM
From what I've read here, a 2.5 yo will be SWIMMING in the Regent.

Hopefully some Regent owners will chime in.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

schums
06-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Why do you need to move DS2 out of the infant seat? He's not close to the 22lb limit. And you can use the seat until his head is within one inch of the top of the shell, irregardless of his actual height (the height guideline of 26" is only there because of federal rules).

There are supposedly a bunch of new, higher weight seats coming out this summer, so if you can hold off for a couple more months (which it sounds like you might be able to do), you'll have a ton more options.

If you really need/want a new seat now for DS1, go to BRU and have him sit in a Regent. We got DS a Husky (same as Regent) when he was about 2 1/2, but he was a BIG kid (outgrew the Marathon well before he was 4). We've loved it, and while it seemed big for a while, he's really grown into it fast.

GL and HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

tarynsmum
06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
At a seat check last week, I installed a Regent for a boy about the same size (measurement wise) as your boy (only this one was 23 months - he was a big boy). The mom took him to BRU and practically every seat was too small for him, harness height wise (he was right-at the top slots in the Apex65).

He looked SO small in the Regent (the mom mentioned it too), but it fit him well, and I *think* he was in the second-lowest (or 3rd from the top) harness slot. It'll definitely last him.

I would go have him sit in it, and see what you think.