PDA

View Full Version : pictures of head at top of Britax Companion - duplicate - sorry!

isabelkathrynsmom
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I am hoping to see pictures of a child's head at the top of the Companion. The head fits until it's within an inch of the top.... sounds easy, but my husband and I disagree on where that exactly is. Don't have the ability to take a pic of my dd in hers....for someone to view. Hard to explain our question... but here goes: if the seat is on the floor and you are looking straight down while standing over the top... her head does not come close. If you view the seat from the side angle, then her forhead and top of her head are sticking out of the top. I'm afaid my question is clear. The very top of the seat curves at such an angle that a baby head really couldn't reach to the entire back while the neck is in a normal position. Clear as mud?
If anyone has a pic of their child at the top of the limit, please let me know. Thanks!

Joolsplus2
06-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Read your manual again, there's NOT a one inch rule :)
You can bascially take a straight edge (ruler/book spine), make it perpendicular to the top of the seatback, and see if her head touches it... think that'll help a little?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

isabelkathrynsmom
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes, that does help. The manual actually says the child is too tall when the top of the head is above the top of the restraint. You're right... no 1 inch rule. Guess the way my hubby was reading it... the top of the restraint was where the side wings are..
Going with the book idea, she has a little more time. Yeah!
Thanks!

Joolsplus2
06-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Yay! It can take awhile for that torso inch, too... Leah's been fitting in her safeseat 1 for month after month after month...(she'd better still fit NEXT month when I need it for a trip, lol).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx