PDA

View Full Version : I need new carseats! Help!

lifeintheslowlane
06-24-2007, 09:59 AM
We just bought a new car and I now need new carseats for that car. The new car is Daddy's car and the kids will not be riding in that one as much, so I'll probably move our "old" car seats there and put the new ones in my car.

We love Britax car seats and plan to stick with that brand. Right now my 6 year old (will be 7 in a few weeks) is riding in a Parkway. My 4 year old (since April) is riding in a Marathon. I'm trying to decide whether I should stick with those models or switch to one of the "newer" models that weren't around the last time I picked out carseats.

My 4 year old is 39.5" tall and 32 lbs. Should I stick with the Marathon or consider the Boulevard or maybe even the Regent?

My 7 year old is about 44 lbs. and 47" tall, I think. Should I get her another Parkway or should I try to convince her to go back into a 5-point harness with the Regent?

Thanks for your advice!!

Joolsplus2
06-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Matching Regents? :D

But seriously, the Regent would be great for the 4 yo, and while the Britax Boosters are nice, they do tend to get uncomfortable before they are outgrown (my 9.5 yo has lots of growing room in the Parkway, but it hurts his back...He's happier in his Recaro Start, or I'd get him a Graco Air Booster if he needed a new seat now).

Just my 2 cents...someone else chime in, please!!!! :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

all together ooky
06-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I second what Julie said.

Regent for 4-year-old. Graco Air Booster for 7 year old.

mommyto4
06-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I would definitely go with a Regent for the 4 yo. If your 7 yo is open to the idea of harnessing, I'd get a Regent for her as well. If not, the Graco AirBooster looks like a great booster.