PDA

View Full Version : Shoot I hate indecision! HELP!

OKKiddo
10-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I had thought we were all decided on getting our son a Britax Boulevard, but I've since been reading the reviews for the Sunshine Kids Radian and I'm waivering. I need opinions please!

Which would you go with? The Britax Boulevard or the Sunshine Kids Radian? And WHY? Thanks so much!

Nancy

Joolsplus2
10-20-2007, 03:54 PM
age and weight kiddo again? what car? RF or FF?

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

OKKiddo
10-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Duh! That info would help wouldn't it, lol!

Bryan is now 10 months old and at his 9 month appt (3 weeks ago) he weighed in at 17 lbs. 6 ozs and was 28 inches long (even). However, in the last 3 weeks he FEELS heftier and looking at pictures of him standing next to his walker I'm sure he's grown at least a 1/4 of an inch. My how fast they grow!

We have 2 vehicles but we rarely put him in my hubbie's which is the 2002 Jeep Wrangler and mine is the 2007 Ford Freestyle (2nd row is a bench seat and not two captains chairs so technically it is supposed to seat 3 people but his snugride does hog a bit of space).

He'll be RF for a loooooooong time if I have any say in the matter! :)

Joolsplus2
10-20-2007, 05:13 PM
The Radian takes up a touch more room, front to back, than a Britax when rearfacing, but I think it should work in a Freestyle (it doesn't work in my Escape RF, but it works great in my Odyssey). I like the Radian, it's low and easy to heft a chunky baby into. It installs great with LATCH, usually pretty well with a seatbelt (in those cars? No problem). It is heavy, but folds very compactly for air travel, and installs great FF on a plane.
Both Britax and Sunshine Kids should be making seats rearface to 35 pounds now, and they can bet tethered rearfacing to prevent rebound and help with side impact protection for larger kiddos. Do you have a store anywhere that carries the RN so you can see it? (if not, Target.com carries it and you can return it to the store if you hate it, no inconvenience of shipping it back)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

OKKiddo
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll have to check with the Babies R Us in Ontario...I *think* they might carry it. I know they had the Boulevard and were willing to let me try it. I guess it will really come down to a fit decision. Thanks so much Jools!