PDA

View Full Version : tethers in 1999 caravan

knaidel
10-22-2007, 09:08 AM
WE just got a 1999 caravan. Last night, I successfully installed my FF Roundabout for my almost 3 year old (i got a great fit, btw!). However, I couldn't find where to put the tether. This is what it says in the booklet:

"Some child seat manufacturers recommend the use of a top-mounted tether strap in addition to the seat belt. Your vehichle has tether strap anchorages behind certain rear seating positions for use with these child seats. Anchorage hardware and installation instructions are available from your dealer."

That's not entirely clear to me: do I call up a local dodge dealer and bring it in? I bought the car at a place where they sell cars used by the Federal Gov't or something, i doubt that they'd have much info for me. The car we bought was from some federal agency---the owner's manual was still in the shrink wrap!

Also, we have captain's chairs, if it makes a difference.

Joolsplus2
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Cars made before 9/1/99 weren't required to have top tethers :(.

So what you have is 'weld nuts' or 'anchorages' and what you need to get installed are the actual hooks or 'anchorage hardware'.

You can just bop on down to a Dodge dealer and ask them about--

Technical Service Bulletin 23-08-00 Rev A

and Part numbers (for the second row outboard positions): 04864118AB and (for the third row center and outboard): 05018506AA

Fingers crossed they are able to help you without trying to charge you (the first may be free, the second and subsequent might cost more).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx