PDA

View Full Version : Car accident ....need to replace seats for 3 and 5 year olds????

daisy1234
10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi a friend of mine needs to replace her Graco seats for her 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 year olds. She needs a good 5 pt/booster and would like to get two of the same. Price is an issue as she wants the ins. to cover comparable seats. She isn't a fan of the Britax seats...what are the options? She isn't ready to put her 5 year old in a booster without a harness as I think she said he isn't yet 40 pounds. Thank you!

Also she had heard good things about the Evenflo seat...? I think she may be talking about the generations...can anyone share their experiences with that seat? She'd greatly appreciate it!

Joolsplus2
10-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Cosco Apex is probably the best choice (might be called "Alpha Elite Apex" at Babies R Us or Safety 1st Signature Biltmore...either way, they go to 65 pounds, have EPS foam for head protection, and make really good boosters later.). Generations is ok, but the harness adjuster is dials on the side, and the highest harness weight is 40 pounds, slightly lower top slots than the Apex. Only caveat with the Apex is it needs a high seatback or headrest in the car for safe use (most newer cars have at least 'head bumps' that are adequate for it in the back seats).
I've never heard of an insurance company turning any seat price down, so if she gets over hating Britax, she should get a couple of Regents ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

daisy1234
10-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Thank you. She's consiodering the Apex now...

She was a carseat tech in the past and has to see the seats...she is trying to get to a babies r us to touch and see! I love the regent and I am thinking about it for my 5.5 year old...soon out of the MA!

daisy1234
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
She got the Apex and Absolutely loves it...she did buy 2 generations....broke something when installing...so she returned. I have never seen a friend do such a happy dance as when she told me all about the Apex and how much she loves it! She especially loved the features for the price! Thanks again!