PDA

View Full Version : Boulevard not reclined/angled properly?

StacyB
10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi all,
DD is 8 months and 17 lbs, we just got a great deal on the Boulevard, and I love it... at least I loved it on my living room floor!
I drive an 05 Nissan Quest and it seems that the captains chairs in the middle row have a downward angle to the seats. As a result, when i put the seat in rear facing, it seems like I need to do something to prop up the base where the bottom of the seat meets the back of the seat.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you do to correct the problem? The user guide suggests a rolled towel or pool noodle. We didn't have this problem with the Keyfit because the base has that level thingy. Help!

Thanks,
Stacy

Joolsplus2
10-26-2007, 08:17 AM
www.carseatsite.com has a great section on leveling a carseat with a noodle, and also you can use the top tether on a britax to get the correct angle (you tie that extra strap around a solid bolted leg on the floor toward the front of the vehicle and clip thet tether to it 'swedish style' the manual calls it, and that gives a great recline). Also, it's ok for a convertible with an older baby to be more upright than the maximum 45 degrees, as long as they are comfortable and their head doesn't flop forward when they are sleeping. (that same website also shows Britax installations and top tether usage :) )
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx